The curriculum at Knayton is broad and balanced. We have a creative approach which is specifically tailored to our children’s needs. As a staff we have given careful consideration to our children; their experiences and needs and developed a curriculum model that caters for them specifically.
Our curriculum is delivered through our ‘Learning Adventures’. These are whole school, cross-curricular topics that aim to inspire and excite children about new learning. The children go on a learning journey from launch to landing.
English and Maths are taught as discrete sessions in the morning, but wherever possible they will link to the current ‘Learning Adventure’. The foundation subjects are taught with a focus on greater depth learning across all subjects. English and maths skills are also applied across the curriculum. Weekly Science sessions link to our ‘Learning Adventures’ wherever possible. Teachers ensure a clear progression for all and have high expectations for children’s achievements in all subjects.
Our Curriculum Aims:
- To ensure that all children feel safe and happy in order for them to achieve their absolute potential
- To have a positive impact on the local community
- To embed Christian values of kindness, friendship and respect
- To develop tolerance, empathy and tackle stereotypes, preparing children for life in modern Britain
- To prepare children for their next steps; from key stage to key stage and beyond
- To be child-led, engaging and exciting
- To develop creativity and collaboration skills
- To lead to outstanding outcomes for our children
- To develop independence and resilience through meaningful and relevant content and approaches
- To encourage outdoor learning and use forest schools principles
- To engage parents and the wider community
- To value each child’s contribution and individuality
The National Curriculum is used to inform planning for all subjects. Teachers have a deep level of understanding of the curriculum for the age range they teach and design engaging ‘Learning Adventures’ to teach all of the National Curriculum content alongside the skills to learn effectively.
Our Learning Adventures 2018/19
|Autumn Term 1||Autumn Term 1 RE Week||Autumn Term 2||Autumn Term 2 RE Week||Spring Term 1||Spring Term 1 RE Week||Spring Term 2||Spring Term 2 RE Week||Summer Term||Summer Term RE Week|
Great and Ghastly Events
Born to Perform
|Prayer Bus||Our Earth||Interfaith Week|